50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Carmenere, 13% Syrah, 7% Petit Verdot
DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN
Granite, clay loam. 0.8 to 1.5 m. deep.
2015 in the Maipo Valley was marked by moderate temperatures in the spring, and moderate to high temperatures during the ripening period. This led to an early harvest with good aromatic potential for the wines. The absence of rain during the ripening period meant exceptional disease-free conditions during harvest, achieving classic Maipo typicity.
The harvest took place between the 15th April and 5th May. The grapes were carefully selected by hand, then gently pressed in stainless steel tanks followed by a pre-fermentation cold maceration between 8°C and 10°C.
The grapes were fermented at 23°C – 28°C with two to three remontages/pipe-overs per day. Each lot was macerated separately, so the total relative duration of this process was of 15 to 20 days.
70% of the wine was aged for 10 months, half in American oak and half in French oak, while the remaining 30% was kept in stainless steel tanks.
Alcohol: 13% ABV; pH: 3.5; Tartaric Acid: 5.3 g/L; Residual Sugar: 3.9 g/L
Up to 7 years in good cellaring conditions.
Deep ruby red.
Intense bouquet of black and red fruits, blackberry preserve and bright spicy notes.
Abundant fruit flavours of blackberries and red berries, with a perfectly balanced structure and smooth tannins. Balanced in body with a persistent finish leaving notes of spices, chocolate and vanilla.
Pairs well with semi-ripe cow or goat’s cheeses. It allows for a wide spectrum of food options, particularly beef, pork and game, stews and spicy dishes. Also goes very well with charcuterie and grilled sausages.